Delaware Friends of Folk is a nonprofit organization dedicated to furthering the cause of folk music and folk musicians in our area.
We stage coffee houses, concerts, and monthly pick-ins where people gather to play music together.
This program is made possible, in part, by a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency dedicated to nurturing and supporting the arts in Delaware, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts.
No March Coffee House, Early April Coffee House
A few notes about our coffeehouses:
- Coffeehouses are a non-alcohol, family oriented event
- The event is a listening event, so please keep chatter to a minimum, and mute cell phones and other electronic devices. Don't we all prefer children who are well behaved & stay with their adult(s)?
- Doors open at about 7:00 p.m., music starts around 7:30 p.m. (except December, we start earlier)
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, and sweet treats are available for a reasonable rate
- Fresh cookies are baked at the Coffeehouse with proceeds going to the Maurice Shockley Acoustic Stringed Instrument Scholarship Fund.
- Many performers have CDs available for sale
- Payment at the coffeehouse for admission, refreshments, and merchandise can be made via cash or check only - we do not accept credit cards.
- Most shows do not require advanced payment, except for some "special events". Check our shopping page to see if we're accepting advanced reservations.
You can use this calendar with your own Google Calendar by subscribing to our calendar! Then, you'll always know what is happening with Delaware Friends of Folk!
On your calendar at google.com/calendar, in the left column - see "Other Calendars", pull down the arrow, choose "add by URL", then, paste this in:
Now, our calendar events will be added to yours and you have control of what color or what calendars you can see inside your own calendar. See Calendar Help for more. https://support.google.com/calendar/
If you use Apple's built in calendar, the instructions for adding the above google calendar address for Delfolk is on that support page, too. I believe the same would apply to Micro$oft Office calendar, but I don't use that, so your mileage may vary!
At all of our events, we support the Food Bank of Delaware. Please bring a non-perishable food donation to help the Food Bank of Delaware eliminate hunger in our area.
NEW! Bring goods to our upcoming Coffee House and receive a free ticket to a future Coffee House performance! The Food Bank needs not only non-perishable food, but also new (in a sealed package) personal care items that are not covered by food stamps.